2nd Pottersville Great Chili Cook Off
Sponsored by Pottersville Reformed Church
CONGRATULATIONS, you may be one of the fortunate contestants. You could be helping to define what really is the meaning of “Chili” in Pottersville!
Here are the RULES:
- You will be required to make your chili at “home” and bring it HOT to the Community House by 4:45 PM on April 20. We recommend strongly that you bring the chili in a crock pot style cooker as we will have electric to keep it hot during the contest.
- You can use any ingredients, as long as they are available at a major Grocery store. You must bring at least 1 1/2 gallons of chili. We anticipate that you will be serving about 125- ¼ cup servings. If you bring less chili, you will have fewer votes. All required service set ups, condiments, toppings, etc. will be provided by the PRC.
- We hope you will stay and enjoy the evening, help serve your chili, decorate your spot around the pot, hand out recipes, dress festively, and be ready to accept the accolades as the “Best Chili, 2013”.
- Each contestant will receive two (2) free adult tickets ($20.00 value) for the event. This will help defray your expenses.
- We request that you fill out the bottom portion of this form and return it to the Community House as soon as possible. This contest is limited in the number of contestants; therefore, we encourage you to return your entry as soon as possible. We will accept the first 18 qualifying contestants in order of submission for each Division.
- Any questions, feel free to call Jim Morgan, Chief Chili, at 832 2393.
2013 CHILI COOK OFF CONTESTANTS APPLICATION
CONTEST DATE: SATURDAY, April 20, 5:00 PM
Contact Info- Person:_______________________________________
Phone: ___________________________ E-mail: ___________________________
Which Division will you compete: __ Fire House Cooked; __ Home Cooked
Does your Chili have a Name? If so, what is it: ______________________________
I, the undersigned, do hereby swear that the chili I am entering was prepared in a sanitary manner in my kitchen, using human grade foodstuffs, and that I will hold harmless the Pottersville Reformed Church, et al, and its assigns in the event of any claims against my chili or myself for any reason whatever.
Applicant Signature:______________________________ Date: ________________
Drop off this application at the Community House, or mail to: PRC, PO Box 89, Pottersville, NJ 07979
Chili Cook Off Contestant Instructions2013 (click this link to print a form)